1) Check and Clean the ShaftFirst, check your shafting to ensure it is clean, round, straight, free of burrs and nicks and is not undersized or oversized, per the manufacturers specification. Use fine sandpaper or scotch bright to clean the shaft of any rust. Then use a light coat of oil to remove any debris.
2) Position the Bearings on the ShaftWhen placing the bearing on the shaft, if it is necessary to tap the bearing into place, use a mallet and a hardwood block or soft steel tube against the inner ring. DO NOT strike or exert pressure on the housing or seals.
3) Lightly Bolt the Housing to the Mounting StructureLocate the shaft in position by lightly bolting the housing to the mounting structure. Bridge over the housing mounting bolt slots with heavy washers, or heavy spring lock washers. This may help prevent loosening.
4) Establish the Final Mounting PositionPrior to securing the bolts, establish your final mounting position by aligning the bearing units by hand or a rubber mallet.
5) Securely Bolt the Housing to the Mounting StructureOnce the bearing is properly aligned, securely bolt both units to the mounting structure.
6) Ensure the Shaft can Move AxiallyEnsure that the shaft can move axially through the bearing bores to confirm proper alignment. If this cannot be done, loosen the housings and realign the shaft.
7) Tighten Both Collar Set ScrewsTighten both collar set screws, and then rotate the shaft and alternately tighten to the manufacturer recommended torque values. If a torque wrench is not available, tighten the set screws until a permanent twist is established with an allen wrench. If you are using an expansion unit, always lock the fixed bearing first. Move the expansion bearing axially to center in the housing. Once centered, alternately tighten the set screws on the expansion unit as you did on the fixed unit. SYW since 1999
has been focusing bearing trading for nineteen years.sunbearingDiscount and Promotion all bearingSelf-aligning Ball BearingSpherical Roller BearingThrust Aligning Roller BearingTapered Roller BearingThrust Ball BearingDeep Groove Ball BearingAngular Contact Ball BearingThrust Roller BearingPillow Block BearingThrust Conical Roller BearingBearing Cage